The bicep curl/Elbow Flexion and Extension Stretch mainly targets the biceps brachii, brachialis and brachioradialis muscles . https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fphys.2015.00215/full
Exercise: BICEP CURL/ELBOW STRETCH
PARTICIPANT 3: 27th Sept 2021
This position enables the movement to be regulated and register number of repetitions within a gaming environment using a switch. We have arrived at this because of his ability to now be able to clasp his hands together. This means he now can do assisted movement. We are timing the flexion and extension to see if we can fit 100 repetitions into a game. His movement is around 63 BPM.
Clasp Hands (may require stretching before)
Elbows on the table after each repetition (requires concentration).
Extend the elbow to hit the switch. Try and lead with left arm. Bring the elbow back into flexion to your chin. Repeat
Great video! So the bicep is working all the time to keep it shortened, and the other hand is guiding it down? I wonder if an eccentric bicep curl could be done with a weight would be possible? With the other hand guiding I am unsure. What about when he brings it to extension, then lets go, does his arm return to flexion? If so, maybe that's where the weight could come into play.
Participant 1 Email: 28th Sept 2021
Participant 2: 28th Sept 2021
Yes he says he can feel the bicep working. The right hand is guiding it down.
So the bicep is working all the time to keep it shortened, and the other hand is guiding it down?
I def think this would be the next step. Or more repetitions.
I wonder if an eccentric bicep curl could be done with a weight would be possible?
I don’t think so. But perhaps an assisted extension with weight would be the next stage. We are also working on a standing shoulder shrug – which I am hoping will build stability/
What about when he brings it to extension, then lets go, does his arm return to flexion? If so, maybe that's where the weight could come into play.
CREATING A LEVEL
creating a level around 62 BPM or 123 BPM to accommodate Participants 3 elbow raise and extension.
1) download Mp3 of track - BONJOVI - rationale it's around 123 BPM and on the list of songs he chose
2) put into logic and create a click track of 123 to go in the background of BON JOVI.
3) PROBLEM! the BONJOVI track has sporadic bpm so it goes between 123/122.
4) Record a click track of 122 BPM
5) export the click track into DJ PRO (rather than try and adapt in AUDACITY/ABLETON or LOGIC)
6)SOLUTION put BONJOVI and CLICK TRACK on 2 separate tracks in DJ PRO
7) mix Bonjovi and Click track on SYNC for a reflexive adaptation
9) export into AUDACITY
10) trim to the beat
11) put into STEPMANIA SONG FOLDER
12) create a new song in step mania (EDIT)
13) add a beat/arrow every 8 beats - 4 beats to go up in flexion and 4 beats to go down in extension
make a video with the counting 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 on text in the background so that the player is aware to press on the 1
. Export the video and the MP3
compress to make a file and upload to wix on the 80's page. here
matching up click to track, didn't sync properly.